Re: Nadim's shaping code in C

Mohammed,
> Salam all,
> This is a *port* of Nadim's shaping code to C
Excellent, his was writtein in C++ I take it? Is this GPLed? If so, would
you be willing to release the copyright into the public domain (open
source political reasons for this, see below)
> I wrote this a while ago, promissed Nadim to clean it, But i didn't find
>  time till now.
>
> Maybe it's not perfect or required, But maybe anyone'll make use of it.
>
> I know that glib is required but i'll try and get rid of this
> dependency.
Once this is done, I'd be *very* interested in writing an Objective-C
wrapper for this and using it in the GNUstep project. But a glib
dependency is a showstopper. I'm currently investigating the difficulty of
adding Arabic + Shaping support to GNUstep (see www.gnustep.org if you
dont know what it is, or if you have some specific questions, feel free to
ask.)