Re: Developer Guide

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 08:38:50PM +0300, Samy Al Bahra wrote:

> Indentation
>   You proposed for us not to use tabs. This goes against almost every
>   project I have seen. Actually, it should be completely the opposite,
>   we should try avoiding space indentation. This comes from more than
>   just personal style but the fact that various text editors (atleast
>   decent ones, emacs, vim, scintilla framework, gedit, etc...) allow
>   a user to set tab-size. This means as a developer, if I like my code
>   indented by two spaces, I just tell the text editor to do so. When
>   using spaces you ARE seriously stuck with the given indentation style.
>
>   Please see http://www.gsp.com/cgi-bin/man.cgi?section=9&topic=style
>   for a reference.

Point taken -- Everone agree with Samy on this one? I don't mind
changing it (making Python the exception to the rule -- I guess I have
been too submerged in Python-culture ;)

> File naming conventions
>   You cannot assume all programming languages operate fine with lower
>   case filenames. Take Java for example. I _do_ agree with this
>   note but you must make a list of possible exceptions.

Of course Jave is an exception --- class names and filenames must be the
same (so if your class name is in lower-case a filename must be in
lower-case).. though class names are not usually written in all
lower-case. Will note that. Thanks.

> Change Log
>  I'm famous! I'm famous!

Am I supposed to remove that example ? ;)

Regards