Re: merge emacs-bidi into the main tree

    Handa-san should give the definitive answer, but I think it was
    always, as long as Emacs was told that the buffer _could_ contain
    right-to-left text.  This is because Emacs doesn't know whether there
    actually is right-to-left text in the buffer, and cannot do so easily
    without getting a significant performance hit (what would we do?
    search the buffer for certain ranges of characters after each change
    to buffer's text?).

That is acceptable, in my opinion, because it means most users
won't lose anything.

    However, it doesn't seem right to me to have an Emacs that cannot
    scroll fast enough just because I've set such a flag, assuming that
    Gerd's intuition is correct.  IMHO, of course.

It is a major, but supporting your language with slower scrolling is
better than failing to support your language at all.

    As Handa-san says he will try to use what I did, I think this is not
    an issue anymore.  If what I wrote has any value, I'm sure it will be
    merged with Emacs.

That would be very good.  Handa-san, can you tell us more about what
you plan to do with this code, and how much work you think it will be?