Re: merge emacs-bidi into the main tree

    Some people have been waiting for a long time for a bidi-enabled Emacs
    -- at least I have been waiting for more than a year.  The strange
    thing is that we have a working implementation:  emacs-bidi is
    available from www.m17n.org, and has been since Emacs 20.3 or earlier.

I would expect that it needs merging to be able to be installed
into the current sources.  Is someone interested in doing that work?

    There are a few imperfections, or so I hear, but when I -- as a
    non-Arabic-speaker -- saw the Arabic glyphs rendered correctly on IRC
    (using ERC, the Emacs IRC client) -- I was surprised!  Yes, there may
    be problems with the existing solution, but at least there *is* a
    solution.

What do Hebrew and Arab users think of it?
Eli Z, what is your opinion?

Handa, what do you think?