Re: merge emacs-bidi into the main tree

> From: Richard Stallman <rms at gnu dot org>
> Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 02:05:07 -0400
>
> What do Hebrew and Arab users think of it?
> Eli Z, what is your opinion?

I feel uneasy about using something about which Gerd was most unhappy
at the time this was discussed.

I'd prefer to call for volunteers to continue the work I started,
namely, change the display engine to support bidirectional editing
without processing batches of buffer's text.  (I can elaborate if
there's enough interest.)  I have some unpolished stand-alone code
that does bidi reordering sequentially, which should fit very well
into the Emacs display engine, but someone needs to take that code and
integrate it into Emacs, since I probably won't have time any time
soon enough for this to be practical.

If anyone steps forward willing to begin hacking the display code, I
promise to help in any way I can.