Re: Useful info for The Quran Project

> What would such a project involve, what kind of
> skills, time, you are looking for!? not that I am
> free to pursue it, but I am highly interested in
> things that are done right,and I am sure there will
> be others that share this with me.

Such a project would have two parts:
1) Developing the font(s) according to a set of proper
encoding rules
2) Encoding the Quran text based on the encoding rules
that were specified in step 1

Step 1 requires a lot of knowledge of smart font
technologies like OpenType and also a thorough
knowledge of the orthographic properties of the Arabic
language. This is where "experts" are needed.

For step 2, you don't need to be an "expert" of font
technology or Arabic. In fact you don't even need to
know Arabic. This step could be divided into two
groups of people.

1) A group of typers who will type the Quran into the
computer.
2) A group of reviewers who will review what the
typers typed and report their mistakes back to them.

I would like to ask who would be interested in
contributing to such a project. If you have interest
please email me. You don't need to make a commitment
or anything, just pure interest in this kind of a
project.

Should I count you as interested Walid?

Thank you very much and regards,
Mete