Re: al quraan

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 11:49, Mohammed Yousif wrote:
> On Thursday 31 October 2002 10:48, Walid Shaari wrote:
> > 1- why the unnecessary element searchtext, I am sure search is something
> > separate than data and the striping of the taskheel can be handled in
> > the code, assume that someone will be usin DOM for processing that File,
> > that will double the memory requirements, I suggest that data that can
> > be derived from the source XML file should be eleminated as the good
> > thing about XML is that programs can understand it, and know where to
> > search for data.
> The problem is only with Arabic, the text with tashkil is not the ideal thing
> to render the Qur'an text and this is why I included a <searchtext> tag,
> becuase I'm planning to use something different for the <qurantext> tag, it
> may be another font that is different than anything else (take these chars as
> a sample '73jk at dsds%a&%^' , these random chars maybe rendered by the font
> as "Bismella Al-Rahman Al-Raheem" in 'Rasm Othmani', and it will be very hard
> to use it for anything but viewing purposes

#include<disclaimer.h>*

My understanding of XML is to enforce the separation between
presentation, and data.. The Original XML file can be transformed to
other presentable media that define font used maybe, the font is not the
character encoding!.. so in most cases the text should be almost fixed
unless we talking about different Qeerat as in (Hafs an
Asem/Qaloon/etc), so the above sample char sequence '73jk at dsds%a&%^'
even if it did n't make sense to me it should make sense to the rending
engine may be through a series of transformations/I don't know what :-?

I will review XML this weekend, and checkout the code/data files for
more feedback if you want.

Walid

* I am learning myself through debating design, and analysis issues, I
might be off-track completely