Re: al quraan

On Thursday 31 October 2002 06:16, Mohammad DAMT wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 10:35:32PM +0200, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> > well done, i had a look at the code, however i didn't understand why we
> > pass the first argument to guran_init ?
>
> I'm going to change the quran_init API, so the only argument is the
> location of the file. Quran lang will be determined by XML file
my opinion is to make quran_init take only the language code, as the xml files
are supposed to be part of libquran, so libquran should handle all this stuff
like the location of the xml files, their names ....etc
libquran can then check to see if the xml file quran.(lang).xml exists without
altering its contents

> , so we must alter XML file to something like this
>
> <quran lang="ar" mediatype="text">
> <quran lang="ar" mediatype="mp3">
>
> for "mp3" media type, we will have
> <sura id=1 name="al fatiha">
> <aya id=1>
> <qurandata file="alfatiha.mp3" offset=0/>
> </aya>
> <aya id=2>
> <qurandata file="alfatiha.mp3" offset=xxxxx length=zzzzz/>
> </aya>
> <aya id=3>
> <qurandata file="alfatiha.mp3" offset=yyyyy length=ttttt/>
> </aya>
> </sura>
> where xxxxx and yyyyy are offset to mp3 stream. In the implementation,
> if we want to hear aya#2 of alfatiha, we just open the alfatiha.mp3 as
> stream and play the stream starting from offset xxxxx for zzzzzz bytes.
>
> what do you think?
That will make it hard and will consume more time in listening to alfatiha.mp3
and noticing the start offset and the length for each Aya ...etc
What about the current way the original program handles this ?
every verse has an audio file named:
s001a001.mp3  Al-Fatiha, verse 1
s001a002.mp3  Al-Fatiha, verse 2
s002a001.mp3  Al-Bakara, verse 1
and no need for the xml file describing the mp3 files
when libquran needs to play the mp3 file associated with (Al-Fatiha, verse 2),
it just form its name (s(sura_no)a(aya_no).mp3) and plays it right away
> > ok now ? the library is GPLed ? what's the license for the data files ??
>
> yes it is GPL
you mean LGPL ;-)

--
Mohammed Yousif
"She is in my mind and soul, I love her with all my heart and blood".