Re: al quraan

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 05:03:20PM +0200, Mohammed Yousif wrote:
> Salam,
> I know I'm very very very.................................late but better late
> than nothing, I guess :-)
> This idea has come to my mind after Mr.Sameer suggested it, I was
> thinking of 'plugins' for various toolkits but I think yours is better idea
> I tried to download your initial code for libquran but the download speed
> is too slow for me to download it and too big too (1.7mb of  compressed
> code, very interesting)
>
> my suggestion is to put it in projects/quran/libquran and then we can
> move the current projects/quran tree into projects/quran/qtquran
> but I guess, we will need a permission from Mr.Elzubier first.

First of all, your cooperation and coordination makes us all proud -- so I
commend you for that.

Making an abstract API that is not 'toolkit-dependent' is certainly the way to
go. As far as the whereabouts of this API on CVS goes, quran/libquran seems
appropriate. But just to note on M.Yousif's permission question, the
organization/structure of a given project is entirely upto its main
maintainer. Of course it is expected that the main author would act on general
concensus, more often than not.

This is also outlined in the CVS Guidelines:
  (http://www.arabeyes.org/cvsguidelines.php)

Keep up the good work!
---
Was I helpful? Let others know: