Re: al quraan

joining late as usual ;)

My Inbox Happily Received This From Nadim Shaikli @ Sat, 26 Oct 2002 11:51:06 -0700 (PDT)

> --- Mohammad DAMT <md mt web id> wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 01:02:15PM -0700, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > > I can't envision you not getting the permission (but we'll have to hear
> > > from Mr. Yousif); I highly suggest integrating both works instead of
> > > forking into 2 different implementations (maybe the diversion should
> >
> > maybe why don't we just make a libquran first
> > then each of us make a GNOME or KDE apps that will call the libquran
>
> Sounds like a good reasonable idea to me :-)  Again, it would be best
> to coordinate with Mr. Mohammed Yousif (I've CC'ed him knowing he's on
> the list as well :-)  If you don't get a reply from him, I would recommend
> you start along those lines yourself (do post your plans, thoughts and
> approach here for when Mr. Yousif finally comes out of hiding :-).

i suggested something like that in the early beginning of the project,
I believe that a project like the Holly Quran should have little dependencies as possible.
and should have more than a GUI "i can hold the GTK only interface, NOT the GNOME one"
it'd be great to have a GUI in Qt and/or KDE, Gtk and/or GNOME, Xlib, ncurses "if possible"
maybe also fltk!!!!!!!!!

--
-- Katoob Main Developer