Re: emacs-bidi workaround package (2002-07-25)

On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 18:05, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> > Any idea why i am getting squares instead of fonts! :-(
> > I did load the fonts and followed the instruction on the web page, but
> > with no luck...
>
> Make sure that the font file you are using has Arabic glyphs within it :-)

Well, I am using the fonts available from
	http://www.m17n.org/emacs-bidi/index.html
and they have arabic as far as I know.
> There's nothing abnormal to the instructions noted on the m17n - worst come
> to worst read the vim README file and note special attention to the discussion
> and points related to the 'xset' command.  Also make sure you are in the dir
> with the fonts.dir file before you do the " xset +fp `pwd` " otherwise use
> the full dir pathname in lieu of the "pwd".

And the fonts are loaded (checked with xlsfonts)

The question is, are these fonts being used by default when you switch
to arabic in emacs or do I have to enable them somehow!!
I use Emacs on a daily basis but never bothered to explore the hidden
world of it, so I might be missing something here...

Thanks
Anas