Re: emacs-bidi workaround package (2002-07-25)

--- Anas Nashif <nashif planux com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 01:43, TAKAHASHI Naoto wrote:
> > I have replaced lisp/font-lock.el in the emacs-bidi package with the
> > one from Emacs-21.2 and re-packaged the tarball.
> >
> >   ftp://ftp.m17n.org/pub/mule/.notready/emacs-bidi.tar.gz
> >
> > This one should compile with the usual "./configure; make" procedure
> > and display Arabic correctly.
>
> Any idea why i am getting squares instead of fonts! :-(
> I did load the fonts and followed the instruction on the web page, but
> with no luck...

Make sure that the font file you are using has Arabic glyphs within it :-)

There's nothing abnormal to the instructions noted on the m17n - worst come
to worst read the vim README file and note special attention to the discussion
and points related to the 'xset' command.  Also make sure you are in the dir
with the fonts.dir file before you do the " xset +fp `pwd` " otherwise use
the full dir pathname in lieu of the "pwd".

Hope that helps.

 - Nadim (see you all on IRC this coming Monday for Arabeyes' Evolution party)