Re: help, new akka release coming - 0.1a

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 12:17:31PM -0700, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> While I'm at -- RPM's would be nice too (you'd certainly double/triple
> your user/tester base :-)

To build an rpm package, you essentially need two things:

a) a program that can autoconfigure and build itself (akka can now do that)
b) a spec file (attached to this message)

Unfortunately, I don't have a RedHat box around so I can't really test if this
works like it should. My first suspecision is that it doesn't. But this is the
preliminary idea of what it should have

[see attached file]

| Mohammed Elzubeir                    | http://www.fakkir.net/           |
| Tech Support                         | http://www.arabeyes.org/         |
| College of Business Computing Center | Homepage:                        |
| University of North Texas            | http://www.fakkir.net/~elzubeir/ |
Name: akka
Version: 0.1a
Release: 1
Copyright: GPL
Group: Misc
Source: http://www.arabeyes.org/files/akka-0.1a.tgz
BuildRoot: /var/tmp/%{name}-buildroot

%description
The idea behind Akka is that while applications actually write on the user's
console, one console owned by the Akka server will be the one transparently
used for output, taking its input from the hidden user console.

Thus, the first thing the Akka server does is to find a free console to
allocate it to itself. It then detects the active console and automatically
switch to Akka's for the output in case the current one is to be monitored.

%prep
%setup -q

%build
make RPM_OPT_FLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS"

%install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/bin

install -s -m 755 akka $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/bin/akka

%clean
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)
%doc AUTHORS README TODO COPYING ChangeLog

/usr/bin/akka

%changelog
* Wed Oct 18 2001 Chahine Hamie <mch at chaham dot com> - chonfigure to autoconfigure
and build akka src (pre-release)