Re: help, new akka release coming - 0.1a

i made the following changes to the chonfigure file:
	"use strict;" 	-> "use vars;"
	our $foo 		-> my $foo

just to get it to avoid failing with error messages.
to this e-mail message i've attached the ./chonfig --verbose output,
and the make output errors.  i've got no time to look at them right
now-- hope it helps.

Hello Chahine M. Hamila [Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 06:00:14AM +0200]
> Hi,
> A lot of work has been made in akka. No new feature that you can test
> straight away right now unless you are not afraid from writing a couple
> of perl lines and invoke a few console related tools without
> documentation. I don't think you want to do it anyway because the new
> features will be user-friendly  and docs will be available very soon.
>
> That said, I need you folks to test the compile process. The more you
> are to test, the greater the chances of running success later will be.

> HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP
>
> NEWBIES DON'T GET AFRAID, THIS IS EASY
>
> 1) Please download http://www.arabeyes.org/files/akka-01a.tgz and untar
> it.
>     You are supposed to have SWIG, ORBit, perl, pthreads.
>     Hint for newbies :
>         copy akka-01a.tgz in /tmp
>         tar -zxvf akka-01a.tgz
>
> 2)  Compile and report failures or successes of compilation.
>             cd akka
>             chonfigure
>             make
>
> 3) In case of failure, please rerun chonfigure with the --verbose option
>
>             chonfigure --verbose
>     and report both the full output of chonfigure --verbose and make (if
> you reached this latter step).
>
> Thanks.

Verbose mode on
Looking for glib-config: /usr/bin/glib-config
Looking for orbit-config (client config): /usr/bin/orbit-config
Looking for the perl headers directory: /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux/CORE
Looking for orbit-config (server config): /usr/bin/orbit-config
Looking for pthread library: libpthread found in /lib
sources akka.h akka-skels.c akka-stubs.c akka-common.c should be generated from akka.idl in src
opening swig file src/akka-module.i in order to analyse module names...
swig module akka_perl_mod generated by akka-module.i in src
sources akka-module_wrap.c should be generated from akka-module.i in src
Source dependencies for .,
Source dependencies for src,
        dependencies for akka-module.o,
          locating the source of akka-module.o: src/akka-module.c
opening source file /akka-module.c for analysing includes...
local includes for akka-module.c are:
 akka.h found in src...
        dependencies for akka-module_wrap.o,
          locating the source of akka-module_wrap.o: found none
          locating the source to be generated for akka-module_wrap.o: src/akka-module_wrap.c
opening source file /akka-module_wrap.c for analysing includes...
local includes for akka-module_wrap.c are:
        dependencies for akka-stubs.o,
          locating the source of akka-stubs.o: src/akka-stubs.c
opening source file /akka-stubs.c for analysing includes...
local includes for akka-stubs.c are:
 akka.h found in src...
        dependencies for akka-common.o,
          locating the source of akka-common.o: src/akka-common.c
opening source file /akka-common.c for analysing includes...
local includes for akka-common.c are:
 akka.h found in src...
        dependencies for akka.o,
          locating the source of akka.o: src/akka.c
opening source file /akka.c for analysing includes...
local includes for akka.c are:
 akkaperms.h found in src...
 child.h found in src...
 akka-server.h found in src...
        dependencies for akka-skels.o,
          locating the source of akka-skels.o: src/akka-skels.c
opening source file /akka-skels.c for analysing includes...
local includes for akka-skels.c are:
 akka.h found in src...
        dependencies for akka-server.o,
          locating the source of akka-server.o: src/akka-server.c
opening source file /akka-server.c for analysing includes...
local includes for akka-server.c are:
 akka.h found in src...
 child.h found in src...
        dependencies for child.o,
          locating the source of child.o: src/child.c
opening source file /child.c for analysing includes...
local includes for child.c are:
 akkaperms.h found in src...
 render.h found in src...
 font.h found in src...
 child.h found in src...
        dependencies for render.o,
          locating the source of render.o: src/render.c
opening source file /render.c for analysing includes...
local includes for render.c are:
 akkaperms.h found in src...
 child.h found in src...
 render.h found in src...
        dependencies for font.o,
          locating the source of font.o: src/font.c
opening source file /font.c for analysing includes...
local includes for font.c are:
 akkaperms.h found in src...
 child.h found in src...
        dependencies for bin file akka_perl_mod.so at .:
           the makefile defining it was found in src
        dependencies for bin file akka at .:
           the makefile defining it was found in src
creating ./Makefile
creating src/Makefile
In file included from /usr/include/orb/orbit.h:48,
                 from akka-module.c:18:
/usr/include/glib.h:66: glibconfig.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/include/IIOP/IIOP-types.h:9,
                 from /usr/include/IIOP/IIOP.h:7,
                 from /usr/include/orb/orbit.h:52,
                 from akka-module.c:18:
/usr/include/ORBitutil/basic_types.h:40: warning: #warning ""
/usr/include/ORBitutil/basic_types.h:41: warning: #warning "You don't G_HAVE_GINT64 defined in glib."
/usr/include/ORBitutil/basic_types.h:42: warning: #warning "Please make sure you don't have an old glibconfig.h lying around."
/usr/include/ORBitutil/basic_types.h:43: warning: #warning ""
In file included from /usr/include/IIOP/IIOP.h:10,
                 from /usr/include/orb/orbit.h:52,
                 from akka-module.c:18:
/usr/include/IIOP/iiop-endian.h:18: #error "Unsupported endianness on this system."
make[1]: *** [akka-module.o] Error 1
gmake: *** [akka_perl_mod.so] Error 2