New website comments

Youcef, here are my various comments (you've done a great job, so don't take
them in any bad light, you've inherited somewhat of a mess ;-) and I'm simply
pointing things out to make them better.  As far as I'm concerned the backend
webpage work is 99% done, but the front-end work is only about 10% done :-)

Here are my various comments as I was surfing the site.

 1. fix the homepage so that its not wider than others (as noted on IRC - you

    have a solution already)
 2. in preferences (after login) countries listed include Isreal but not
    palestine -- include palestine
 3. resource page should be modifyable akin to NEWS (give me access to html)
 4. resources/NEWS/docs should use DL/DT
 5. all pages should really be modifyable - ie. should access HTML table
    contents
 6. make right menu as wide as the widest text (make it about 1/2 size its
    currently at)
 7. Make the TODOs list not vertically but in TAB format (more viewable, less
    clutter)
 8. Remove 'Forgot password' button and include it on the page where failure
    occurs
 9. if someone forgets password, prompt them for the email address associated
    with the username - if it matches what in mysql, send new password -
    otherwise ignore (this stops people from forcing others to change their
    password simply based on people knowing usernames - which are all over the
    place)
10. rename 'search the website' to 'search arabeyes'
11. in some instances the sourceforge icon doens't show-up
12. with a single button the 'login' menu center it below the two forms
13. mimic the 'login' and make 'serach arabeyes' have its button below the form
14. 'people' page should not include all that date clutter, list people based
on
    number of commits or something static (no need to make it programmable)
15. Force elzubeir to upload a new picture :-)
16. The various [EN], [AR], [FR] look odd and not aligned or anything (messy).
    I suggest a standard means to say [EN | AR | FR] and have it be fixed width
    and only include the ones availbale (or include country flags or something
-
    bad idea, I don't want to see certain country flags) -- not sure how best
    solve this.  Small consistant icons, in consistent places, in consistent
    order.
17. The 'In the press' sections needs to be redone - what we had before was
much
    more readable to me (again DL/DT format would be best).  Give access to
that
    HTML to possible alter/change.
18. The 'docs' section should also follow DL/DT format (as it was before).
    I love alignment of things and the current pages look to crammed and messy.
19. Again, if I want to modify the 'about' page's HTML I should be able to,
    create a loop of modify current entry and have the user at it (similar to
    how the various project pages do it now - after logging-in go to the vim
    project page and press on "modify" bottom).
20. Include a "fun history" page in which we can include old banners and logos
    and "growing-up pictures" to give ourselves a bit of history and character.
21. we still need a more square/circular logo
22. In the registration form all scroll-menus should include a 'Select' option,

    no defaults and if nothing is selected registration should not proceed and
    signal an error.
23. Menus should be accessable for change as well - if I want to add a new
entry
    in one of the tables, I should be able to do that (or to say remove 'VIM ar

    patch').  Doing all this in mysql is not really an option we should settle
    on.
24. Move our arabic logo a bit more to the center (its too on the fringe now)

You wanted comments you got 'em :-) none are serious but all are nice
to have.  We can pursue this (and others) after the pending move.