Re: moving checklist...

Youcef, I'm opting to share your list with everyone so we have a complete
list of things we need to 'worry' about :-)

--- Youcef Rabah Rahal <yrrahal42 hotmail.com> wrote:
> I think that what we need the most is some 'Check List' for moving.
> We need to list step by step what needs to be done.
>
> To summarize, here's a first sketch:
>
> 1- Mailing lists.
> 2- Mysql DB.
> 3- Website.
> 4- Bugzilla.
> 5- CVS
> 6- Qammose.
> 7- The search engine.
> 8- Set scripts, cronjobs, backups etc
> 9- Everything I forgot...
>
> I am not sure if this the correct order. But the first 3 seem reasonable to
> me. I don't think there's anything that scares me, but I think we should
> really document what needs to be done (really STEP by STEP), in case of a
> next, not unlikely, move.
>
> I suggest we start by the Mailing Lists, I prefer to wait at least after the
> WE to move if necessary the mysql DB and the website. Some small things need
> to be done still.

I think I have the mailing-lists under control - I've created the necessary
scripts (I think) to get us moved within say an hour tops.

> Now we can set up to three mirrors ;) UK server, SF.net. sunsite.dk...

I think we need to do the mirroring post the move - we should as a minimum
use them as backups though to backup everything we have and a script should
be created ASAP to get that done and be ready for diployment.