Re: 1U update

--- Anmar Oueja <anmar at canada dot com> wrote:
> Here is another update:
>
> - Submitted the machine info to my friend who works at and IBM service
> centre. He will look into the warranty matter and the diagnostics CD we
> can get from IBM. This CD will test our machine and tell us if there are
> any issues with it. I am more concerned with the IBM warranty. How valid
> is it in N America, how long, would this accident (shipping damage) null
> it or what ? My friend should get back to me tomorrow.
>
> - Purolator said I should not expect much if any since the machine is
> not insured. They started the claim. This will take time so don't hold
> your breath

Anmar, thank for the update.  In any regard (with money from the carrier
or not), we should look into the cost of fixing this -- we can continue to
pursue the claims, etc but I think we should just bite the bullet and do
it ourselves and get reimbursed later (or have any funds simply make it
into the general coffers).  Ahmad noted willing to put-in $200, I can
certainly pitch-in whatever is needed.

In short, Anmar start looking for a place to fix it and keep on harping
on that warranty (I don't see how it could be affected given your friend
doesn't denote it into their database :-)