Re: Pressure & sit-ins

--- Isam Bayazidi <bayazidi at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 January 2002 04:37,Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 12:48:44PM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > > Now, why don't we have similar promises being made to us and to
> > > Arabs linux/unix users at large ?

I didn't see any comments on the link above or the connotations there-in;
how do we attain the same attention ?

> > > Once the haydar episode is over with - we REALLY must talk about
> > > an action plan regarding "sit-ins" for Mozilla/IBM/etc.  In short,
> > > we need a predefined mechanism and procedure as well as trusted
> > > people to take on certain actions once a call is made and email
> > > addresses furnished - Ideas ?
> >
> > I have no problems with doing that. My only reservation is to that
> > fingers would point to us directly, and we would receive less cooperation
> > than we already are. I am in favor of taking this underground, and not
> > directly pointing it to Arabeyes. Posting anonymously on several boards,
> > discussion forums, etc. and directing people to email the people
> > in charge with pleas, etc.
> >
> > Think of it as, 'Arabeyes Covert Operations' ;)
>
> Yes that is great .. I agree on it fully when it is not under Arabeyes, and
> not using Linux4Arab news section for it .. We can Use the Linux forums
> around ( I am already in 3-4 of them) .. and they have nice number of
> audiance ( specially the kwakeb.net ) ..
> So a sit-in , and a flooding campain for Arabic related issue should have
> Arabeyes out of the picyre, while trigering it from Arabeyes :-)
>
> Arabeyes Special Operations :-)

Isam - could you please start a file (check with Mohammed on location and
name) to put a procedure in place to do this "special-ops" thing.  List in
there the sites you'd noted and any other contact names, thoughts, etc.