Re: Pressure & sit-ins

On Tuesday 22 January 2002 04:37,Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 12:48:44PM -0800, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > Now, why don't we have similar promises being made to us and to
> > Arabs linux/unix users at large ?

> > Once the haydar episode is over with - we REALLY must talk about
> > an action plan regarding "sit-ins" for Mozilla/IBM/etc.  In short,
> > we need a predefined mechanism and procedure as well as trusted
> > people to take on certain actions once a call is made and email
> > addresses furnished - Ideas ?
>
> I have no problems with doing that. My only reservation is to that
> fingers would point to us directly, and we would receive less cooperation
> than we already are. I am in favor of taking this underground, and not
> directly pointing it to Arabeyes. Posting anonymously on several boards,
> discussion forums, etc. and directing people to email the people
> in charge with pleas, etc.
>
> Think of it as, 'Arabeyes Covert Operations' ;)

Yes that is great .. I agree on it fully when it is not under Arabeyes, and
not using Linux4Arab news section for it .. We can Use the Linux forums
around ( I am already in 3-4 of them) .. and they have nice number of
audiance ( specially the kwakeb.net ) ..
So a sit-in , and a flooding campain for Arabic related issue should have
Arabeyes out of the picyre, while trigering it from Arabeyes :-)

Arabeyes Special Operations :-)
--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi