Re: Core meetings

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 07:15:43PM +0200, Isam Bayazidi wrote:
> Salam ..
> 	Moe, I read about YOUR decision to handle to translation maintainance to Mr.
> Yasser Chadded .. I agree with that decision, he is indeed the right man for
> the Job as you pointed out .. I have nothing against him at all ..

Negotiations with Yasser Chaddad have been on-going for a long time,
and it's nothing new. I apologize if you were not in the picture,
as I had the impression you were aware of him.

> But .. I felt that we should have at least knew about it preior to YOUR
> decision .. the other issue is giving the final word about the KDE issue .. I
> will not argue with you on either of those decision.. but I feel that you
> didn't think of the core team at all when you did .. after all there were a
> discussion about it..

Isam, there is a difference between the KDE issue and Yasser Chaddad.
In the case of KDE, I had to act fast and immediately. It wasn't
something to discuss since we have already discussed acronyms
and abbreviations. I also want to make sure confusion doesn't last
for too long. That is one of my responsibilities.

> For a second I thought about going to Arabeyes Maillist site and unsubscribe
> from the core list .. after all after hearing the news about handling one one
> the projects to some one ( who sure is the right person) form the doc list,
> not even knowing any signs about it from before .. I felt out of core ..

I think you are confusing the role of 'core'. If we discussed every single
project through 'core' that would slow things down considerably. 'core is
for the 'general' project.

I am sorry you feel that way. It may have been inconsiderate in my part, and
I apologize for that. I did not find that adding a member to the translation
team whose duties are editing as opposed to translating was such a major
decision that required consultation.

> I will try to preserve silance for the next week or so.. to think about meself
> and relation to Arabeyes ..
>
> I will do the needed jobs from me for sure at thier time:
> 	- mailing l4a ( done)

Speaking of which, I did not comment about the fact that we have agreed to review
what you are going to send before sending it. See? Now do I unsubscribe from
'core' for being left out? Come on now.. let's not have that mentality.

This is not the time to start such a thing Isam, and you of all people.
I am not going to preach to you about unity, but we really don't need
this type of thing now.

regards,