IBM and Linux Arabization

Salam ..
I was reading a piece of news stating IBM's plans to deploy an Arabic Enabled Linux to their customers during next year ... it got developed in the IBM center in Cairo .. Now there is no doubt that they developed GPL software during that .. I can't assume that it will be all property software .. can we make use of their development to Open Source existing software ? I guess it is our just right to claim their changes to GPL-licensed software , right ? should we tell them about our efforts in the same track ?

what do you think ?

here is where I read the news :
http://www.net4arab.com/~linux4ar/article.php?sid=18
( that is the next Linux4arab site, coming soon)

		Yours
			Isam