Re: vim/akka

Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 01:25:52AM +0100, Chahine M. Hamila wrote:
> > Hey, forget about VIM.
> >
> > All I'll ask you is to localize the commands.
> >
> > This shouldn't be difficult at all I guess (Moe?).
> >
> > Say, replace the :w command with a :k (where k is the arabic kaf I mean
> > for kataba), and so on... Akka would take care of the rest.
>
> Unless Akka can be run on an xterm, this option is kind of useless.

Why?
It can't run on xterm, but one of the things we'll have to do is to work on
gnome-terminal and similar terminal emulators in order to reproduce the Akka
behavior, which, technically speaking is pretty trivial (I had a look on
eterm some time ago) modulo free time.
But I don't understand why it wouldn't be interesting if it's only for text
consoles.