Re: to plone or not to plone

Salam,

I agree with Mohammed E. about the fact that the number of current
Python (or Perl, or PHP, or...) developers should not be a criterion
at all to decide what CMS to use. We should simply adopt the CMS that
can or will be able to fit our needs. I guess that finding a CMS that
has all the functionalities we have now is utopic. So, there's going
to be a need to re-write some parts of them in the new CMS language
anyhow, and for that we are not dependant of the chosen CMS's
community, unless there's a nasty bug in the CMS itself... (and that
is a common problem for all CMSs).

If people want to contribute with patches, well, they'll have to have
a little knowledge about the CMS's language. Usually the basics can be
learnt in a few hours (or even less), and that's common for Python,
Perl, and even PHP. AFAIK, no one is supposed to know PHP at birth ;)

We need to concentrate on criteria like localization, interactions
with our other modules, LDAP etc

Youcef R. Rahal