Re: to plone or not to plone

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 08:13:36 +0400, Mohammed Elzubeir
<elzubeir at arabeyes dot org> wrote:
[...]
> And since you are bringing all this to the table, let me put out my
> plan. I would like to move out PHP site to Plone. Wiki to Zwiki. CVS to
> SVN. Authentication for all would go through LDAP. Zope/Plone offer LDAP
> integration, of course.

Well, you did take us from Bugzilla to GNATS and that went without a
hitch, but are you willing to take care of all of this? ;-)

I am, 'officially' for moving to Plone, but I do have my reservations.
I was already brewing a plan in my head on how we can Arabize our
current PHP website, since I'd become very familiar with the code
recently. I hope the Zopification and the time it will take me/us to
get my/our head around the thing wont delay the process.

I am also not really that worried about Plone's upkeep, since I am
sure it is not just meant only for Python programmers (it isn't is
it....?) but we do need someone around who knows it, like we did when
we needed to add a voting mechanism to our current
website...*COUGH*ELZUBEIR_IS_STUCK_HERE*COUGH* :-)

Abdulaziz,