Re: donate page

--- Omar Abo-Namous <merlin12345 at gmx dot de> wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:00:34 -0600, Arafat Mohamed wrote:
> > We really need to store the data in mysql. In fact there already
> > exists a table which we'd like modified to support this functionality.
> > The table is donate. I'm thinking create a new table based on donate
> > called finances (or something). Import data from donate into finance
> > and make any changes on the site to use the new table.
>
> ok, would you like to have a look:
>
> http://www.toomuchcookies.net/~arabeyes/dontable/test.php

Looks pretty close to what I had in mind, yet I wasn't able to enter
any fields since I wasn't sure what field related to what and I didn't
want to fill your db with garbage.  In all, looks nice :-)

> it's only the Donations()-function from the output.inc.php-file
> reedited.
>
> add/delete-func should be for admin only. How is this sort of thing
> managed on arabeyes? Is there any "auth"-variable i can query??

Someone should really CVS checkin a template of the tables we use
within mysql (ie. with NO content) so that people willing to help
can really see the tables, rows and columns available for their
access.

Omar, there is a login feature within the PHP code and so the donations
should only be accessible (for write/modify) by 'core' staff members.

Salam and keep at it.