Re: request for help

--- Arafat Mohamed <biku at comcast dot net> wrote:
> Alright, here's the deal. When checking the links on the site, I noticed
> that all links are absolute. Which means that my changes (which ought to
> impact the whole site) are only affecting the home page in my test area.

Yeah, that's what I noticed too - only the front page was affected and all
the other links were "normal".

> I don't have much experience merging changes so I'd like someone to help
> me do that. Basically, I will need to merge 2 files: CSS/main.css and
> mainlib.inc.php. Please let me know who can help me with that and I'll
> go ahead and clean up some test stuff I had in there. I'll also run a
> diff to see what changes I have vs. live site.

I'm not sure what you mean by merge those 2 different files.  Are you
saying you want to include CSS/main.css inside of mainlib.inc.php (or
vice-versa) ?   If CVS is noting that you have conflicts then that is
easier to deal with.  Assume mainlib.inc.php is giving you problems,
do this

 $ mv mainlib.inc.php my_mainlib.inc.php
 $ cvs co mainlib.inc.php                    # Now I have a clean copy
 $ diff mainlib.inc.php my_mainlib.inc.php   # or use tkdiff (easier)
   - see what things you need to add/remove to make the file clean and
     issues you are OK with.
 $ vi/emacs my_mainlib.inc.php               # edit your file to add/remove
 $ mv my_mainlib.inc.php mainlib.inc.php
 $ cvs commit

> p.s. I don't have update privelege. Who gets to update the site?

You should have access to that dir (you need to be user 'arabeyes' though)
to do 'cvs update' on the www live tree -- Note that there have been a
number of changes on the live tree (BAD, we won't do this again I hope :-)
and so you might want to investigate each file that is complained about
when you do a 'cvs update'.