Project Updates

<snip>
Anmar Oueja wrote:
I like the second one. darl and clear.

Here are Some suggestions:

- date would be nice on the right and NOT bold
- Should be a hard limit as to the size of the update (if somebody put a massive amount of text, it will break things
</snip>

This is actually bothering me. The old way was to show all project updates for the current month. 2 things with this:

1) On the first few days of the month, conceivably no updates will show up. Also updates occuring on the last day of the month would only be posted on that one day, not giving it the exposure it merits.

2)If we have 100 updates for the month, we show 100 updates for the month. Once again having a really long project updates section.

So my idea was to show the last 5 updates. Should we limit the size of the text in the database? Or should I just cut the text on the front end and have a 'more' link?

Personally, I like a combination. Limit the description to 100 chars. Have a 'more' link where you can be verbose.

Salam.

p.s. Anmar, does everyone in canada get a @canada.com edress?