Re: Arabizing Arabeyes website (Todo)

Salam

I will not create 2 files (Arabic and English) this is very bad thing
because you need to update each of them for any changes

What I will do insh'a Allah is to strip all the english strings from
the php files and put them in "en.php" and then translate the english
strings and but them in "ar.php"

This way if someone goto http://www.arabeyes.org/projects.php he will
get the English page and if another one go to http://www.arabeyes.org/projects.php?lang=ar
he will get the Arabic page

This is the best way to translate the pages

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 22:45:57 -0800 Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org>
wrote:
>On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 08:54:36PM -0600, Arafat Mohamed wrote:
>> Salam all,
>>
>> I shoulda replied sooner to this but have been fighting off a
>cold.
>>

>Well, get well soon ;) PHP and colds don't get along very well ;)
>
>> I would like to suggest that you create an arabic directory that
>mirrors
>> the english files with arabic functionality. Let's call this directory
>ar/
>>

>I'm not sure that is entirely necessary.. but hey, I will leave
>this to
>the people in charge.
>
>> For now I think this is the most important task so the translation
>>
>> effort can begin.
>>
>> >3- Improve the php files to support multi-languages [00%]
>>
>> Existing php files don't exactly need to support multi-languages.
>The
>> new arabic php files would. My reasoning for splitting the site
>in two
>> is that at some point we might not want an exact replica.
>
>I doubt we will want anything other than an exact replica. The last
>thing we want is to end up with 2 different sites (content) in different
>languages. That just sounds like a horrible nightmare to maintain.
>
>> If you don't mind, please keep me in the loop on this.
>>

>You are in the loop -- you're just too lazy <hint, hint> Ahmed and
>spoke at Gitex about Arabizing the site and I told him that you
>were in
>charge (so all work would be coordinated with you). I also told
>him that
>we have had a huge task list and you are very very slowly working
>your
>way through them <evil grin>
>
>Now, get on with it ;)
>
>Regards
>--
>| Mohammed Elzubeir    | Visit us at:                 |
>|                      |  http://www.arabeyes.org/    |
>| Arabeyes Project     | Homepage:                    |
>| Unix the 'right' way |  http://fakkir.net/~elzubeir/|

http://eShop.4-SMS.Com
http://Mozilla.4-SMS.Com
- -*- If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem -*-