Re: Arabizing Arabeyes website (Todo)

Salam,

From: "Ahmad Twaijry"
Subject: Re: Arabizing Arabeyes website (Todo)
Date: Sun,  2 Nov 2003 12:49:19 -0800
Salam

What I will do insh'a Allah is to strip all the english strings from
the php files and put them in "en.php" and then translate the english
strings and but them in "ar.php"

Not sure what you mean by that. But the best way to do this is to implement the 'gettext package'. It is done from the code side. All the disaplyed messages in the various PHP code files should be wrapped with a function. Then you create PO files (like for GNOME, KDE...) and you translate them. Having a multilingual website is then staright-forward and easy to maintain (in case of a change in the texts etc).

This is the simplest way out there i think. I'm trying to save your time :-)

Youcef.

PS: Nadim, I'm really glad that you are OK (as well as your family). I really am.

MSN Search, le moteur de recherche qui pense comme vous ! http://search.msn.fr/