Re: hdate question

--- Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle at freenet dot de> wrote:
> Am 2006-09-21 13:35:15, schrieb Nadim Shaikli:
> > He was contacted a long time ago and the reply was something akin
> > to (and I'm para-phrasing) 'I will not release it under open source'
> > and 'do not use my application' - which was the impetus to start
> > the Islamic Tools and Libraries (ITL) project [1].  With ITL you
> > will find something similar (superior even) via 'idate' and 'ical'.
>
> Under Debian I have found itools which contain /usr/bin/idate but not
> "ical".  Is "itl" the same as "itools?"  If no, I am interested in
> packing it for Debian.

ITL [1] is an umbrella project that encompasses 'licitly' (the library)
and 'tools' (an application/program) [2] among other various GUI and
non-GUI implementations.

> There is one thing I do not like [with 'idate']:
>
> I like to have only:
>
>     28/8/1427 A.H  - Jumaa(Jum) - Shaaban(Sha)
>
> All other is uninteresting.  I do not like to write all
> the times wrapers for it using sed/tr/grep and sisters.

I'll add this to the todo list to implement (as a '-simple'
option or similar).

> Note:   Currently I am working on "swhoisd" which is uploaded to
>         <mentors.debian.net>.  Same for "tdbashlib" plus "tddebidate"
>         and I am preparing 8 other tools/packages...

Note sure what that is and/or how it relates to the topic at-hand - sorry.

[1] http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=ITL
[2] http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/projects/itl/