Re: Arabic Keyboard layout

--- khaled hassounah <khaled at laptop dot org> wrote:
> I work with OLPC (One Laptop Per Child - http://laptop.org) and have
> chatted with multiple of you about it. One of the things we are doing
> is designing the keyboard for Arabic countries.

I went through a similar inquiry awhile back and settled on what is
implemented (javascript) on the qamoose [1] page (click on the little
icon keyboard) or you can look at the following pdf (note that this file
might not be there for long so copy it if you need it).  I'm sure there
will be variations with various keyboards, but from what I remember what
is noted is what is "expected" (for the most part) by most Arabic
computer users (at least in the Gulf area).

In passing, the image/spreadsheet you had noted had some missing harakat
(dammatan, kasratan, etc).

Keep up the great work and don't hesitate to let us know if you need
anything.

[1] http://qamoose.arabeyes.org
[2] http://www.arabeyes.org/~nadim/tmp/ar_win_keyboard.pdf