Re: Some Points, about Arabeyes [Part I]

--- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> --- Muhammad Alkarouri <malkarouri at yahoo dot co dot uk> wrote:

> > As for transparency, it was suggested that not everybody has the right to
> > know our decisions. I was merely referring to the already existing culture.
> [...]
> I for the record don't agree with
> the statement above at all and it most certainly is NOT part of an
> "already existing culture".

You got it exactly the other way around. Arafat was saying, and I quote:

'I am very unsure regarding this point. Does the majority of ppl who only
pass by Arabeyes have the right to know about our decisions?
hmm,well I don't really know. (really)
Looking at other OSPs/FSPs like the kernel-project, freedesktop.org,
gnome, Apache... this is not really the case. There are announcements
made, yes, but the whole process of deciding, making roadmaps etc... is
taken internally.
AND whith the distinction that Arabeyes is a meta project, Arabeyes
itself has NOTHING to speak about, because it is nothing #real#!!!
Under it's umbrella decisions are made, ppl meet, etc...
but there isn't any Arabeyes roadmap cz arabeyes doesn't stand for a
special project.
Maybe some info about internal work as an rss feed, or as an
announcement on l4a or anything in that regard but nothing really
systematic...'

And I replied:
'It is a matter open for discussion.. I in general prefer openness.'
In my last reply, I was referring to the already existing culture, that
openness is generally preferred. And that it is my opinion.

While I do want to get over 'he said/she said' complete misunderstanding like
this has to be clarified. This is for the record.

Salam,
Muhammad Alkarouri