Re: Some Points, about Arabeyes [Part I]

--- Muhammad Alkarouri <malkarouri at yahoo dot co dot uk> wrote:
> --- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> > --- Muhammad Alkarouri <malkarouri at yahoo dot co dot uk> wrote:
>
> > > As for transparency, it was suggested that not everybody has the
> > > right to know our decisions. I was merely referring to the already
> > > existing culture.
> >
> > I for the record don't agree with the statement above at all and it
> > most certainly is NOT part of an "already existing culture".
>
> You got it exactly the other way around. Arafat was saying, and I quote:
>
> 'I am very unsure regarding this point. Does the majority of ppl who only
> pass by Arabeyes have the right to know about our decisions? hmm, well I
> don't really know. (really).  Looking at other OSPs/FSPs like the
> kernel-project, freedesktop.org, gnome, Apache... this is not really
> the case.'
>
> And I replied:
> 'It is a matter open for discussion.. I in general prefer openness.'

Sounds like a conversation between you and Arafat to me :-)  Not sure
how his (or anyone else's for that matter) personal evolving view is
tied to Arabeyes policy or existing culture (hint - its not :-).

As noted - people are free to communicate their views (in a professional
atmosphere) but that does not make it policy and/or the general attitude
(I believe that point/concept is understood since it was referred to with
"it was suggested" :-).  Again, even if a 'core' member were to say what
is stated above it should not be construed to carry any more significance
unless it was qualified with "'core' has decided that ..." (and that
decision and process would be noted in the meeting minutes).

I just wanted to reiterate that important distinction.