Re: fortune (falsifying the Holy Qur'an)

--- Mohammed Yousif <mhdyousif at gmx dot net> wrote:

[snip]

>  Stating this text as "The Koran" is not fair, the Koran is in Arabic,
>  and no one can translate it, there are only "attemps" to do so.

[snip]

>   I understand that whoever wrote this sentence didn't know that it is
>   wrong but what we cannot forgive is that he/she forgot that this is
>   a translation not the Koran and the difference is quite large

Mohammed (and others), I highly suggest you be proactive in solving these
issues.  Contact 'fortune's author (or its data maintainer) and indicate
to them the following - what they have now is,

 1. Blatantly wrong
 2. Offensive
 3. Dangerously coerced (as it should note its a translation)

and that we'd be more than happy to supply them with more factual data.

It should also be noted that distro should be aware of such sensitive info
if they ever plan to enter Arabic markets.  Mandrake, RedHat, etc should
make a conscious decision to NOT include such rubbish and should even
penalize such data generators.  We can start by contacting them and asking
them for immediate action.

Can the data's author be singled out ?  Can the version of fortune which
includes this (and other) garbage be singled out ?

Hope that helps.

Salam