Arabic writing

Good people,

If I ever wanted an Arabic document to be written I'd ask my kid to use his
Windogz PC and hack on the keyboard. I searched the FAQs today but
not sure if Abiword is ready to take Arabic or koffice for that matter.

Do you good people have a URL explaining how to receive a Windogz
Arabic document and be able to read it without having to beg my kid to
open it for me? worse, is it possible to compile Arabic documents using
Abiword? I reccon Lyx is functional but I kina like Abiword.

Forgive me if I may sound like I was under a rock as far as Arabic & *nix.

Regards & Eid mubarak.
--
Ahmad Al-rasheedan