Re: Arabic writing

On Sunday 16 February 2003 09:04, Ahmad Al-rasheedan wrote:
> If I ever wanted an Arabic document to be written I'd ask my kid to use his
> Windogz PC and hack on the keyboard. I searched the FAQs today but
> not sure if Abiword is ready to take Arabic or koffice for that matter.

I know Koffice can do it, and I heard Abiword can do it, but did not test it
mey self..

> Do you good people have a URL explaining how to receive a Windogz
> Arabic document and be able to read it without having to beg my kid to
> open it for me? worse, is it possible to compile Arabic documents using
> Abiword? I reccon Lyx is functional but I kina like Abiword.

No need for explaination .. it is staight forward for OpenOffice..
http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/643c/index.html

The Development Version of OpenOffice that hold the version number 643c have
Arabic support, and that support will be in the OpenOffice 1.1 that will come
in the next following month or two.. You can use it to open Arabic Doc files
with no probelm..

And you can use LyX or Kword to compile Arabic Document..

Yours
Isam Bayazidi