Re: What are the needed Arabized applications?

Just for clarification.

--- Anmar Oueja <anmar at canada dot com> wrote:
> Here is my list of needed Arabized applications:
>
> The rating I'm using,
>   5 - Must have
>   4 - Critical (very much in need of this)
>   3 - Important to have (need this)
>   2 - Nice to include
>   1 - Of Interest
>
> Name            : gnome-terminal
> Version         : 2.2.2
> Category        : terminal emulator
> Importance      : A Must (4/5)
> Status          : Proper Bidi and shaping.

Does gnome-terminal do bidi and shaping ?  I thought it didn't.

> Name            : ncurses
> Version         : 5.3
> Category        : Text Based GUI. Important for Installers
> Importance      : A Must (4/5)
> Status          : Proper Bidi and shaping.

Same here - that version renders Arabic properly ?

> Name            : Evolution
> Version         : 1.4
> Category        : terminal emulator
> Importance      : A Must (4/5)
> Status          : Proper translation

OK, this would fall under Arabeyes' Gnome translation project, right ?
Or is it a seperate .po files ?

> Name            : xfce4
> Version         : 4
> Category        : Light Weight Window Environment (GTK2 Based)
> Importance      : A Must (2/5)
> Status          : Proper Translation.

Does it have Arabic support ?  If not, is it being pushed for or looked
into ?  Bare in mind that we are only interested in Arabic-centric
applications and things that relate to it.

Anmar, much thanks for your reply and time.  How about the others ?
What do others want to see included in distros ?

Come on people !!