Re: Arabic Linux Background

--- Ahmad Twaijry <msx at hush dot com> wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:01:23 -0700 Anmar Oueja <anmar at canada dot com> wrote:
> >BTW. Where are all the translated files you have done ? and do you
> >have the KNOPPIX IMAGE ready so we can start testing it ?
>
> I didn't translate anything by myself I just used the command "apt-get"
> to install the debian packages (e.g. kde-i18n-ar.deb) (check
> http://packages.debian.org),
>   (because knoppix is based in debain).
>
> The KNOPPIX image is ready but I am trying to contact www.isu.net.sa
> to host the image .

As was noted earlier - Arabeyes was/is planning on starting an "ARAPPIX"
project (you simply seem to have caught us by surprise).  We would _love_
to host this project and/or mirror it (for we'll certainly jump-in and
assist in its competition and development - Anmar were to lead our efforts
on that front as he has a great deal of interest in this area).  Is there
some conscious agreement by which you only would like to publicize this
work on .isu.net.sa ?  If so, do please note it as such, otherwise as noted
we'd love to host and/or mirror it.