Re: keeping this list inclusive and focused

Hi,

I never contributed much to this list since I am not a user of Linux,
and even if I know the Arabic script well, my efforts of implementing
it go a different route. Thus I may give a hint from time to time but
otherwise I am just an observer in the background. I feel you are doing
a great job, and I like this, but please expect little help from me.

As to the current controversy, I feel indeed the list could work more
efficiently if every message would keep to the point and be focused on
the main point of the list, namely arabizing linux. An occasional
deviation towards other matters will do no harm normally, but I have
seen other lists just getting lost completely in matters that were off
topic, and, (and this is the problem) thus losing their most active
contributors. So be careful.

Personally I do not feel offended in the least by suggestions how best
to spread Islam; but not being a Muslim, it is off topic for me, and
I did not expect it on this list, but I do not mind.

There, however is something I DO mind, Mohammed, and this is your
signature, and it irritates me not by its content but just by its form.
I happen to be German, and the wording of the text is just terribly
wrong. In the beginning I had assumed it could possibly be Yiddish
but I made sure it definitely is not, and the present text hurts my
linguistic feelings, as a tort to my mother tongue.

Let me just propose another wording that, as far as I can see, will
express the same meaning:

	Ich liebe sie, denn ohne sie kann ich nicht sein.

BTW I am genuinely interested to learn why you chose that signature;
but this is definitely off topic, please use private EMail.

Peace

Klaus

scripsit Mohammed Yousif:

--
Prof. Dr. Klaus Lagally  | mailto:lagally at informatik dot uni-stuttgart dot de
Institut fuer Formale    | http://www.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/ ...