RE: ttf and arabic

You're absolutely correct about most of the stuff that you got in here.
Alas, when a system crash happens, most of the people would say... oh, I
have to reboot; not oh... I have to change my operating system simply
because they don't want to change. People get used to things... When I
talk about advertising for Linux, I think it's our role in the Arab
countries to do so. I've heard someone say: "Microsoft is a marketing
company that happened to sell software".

I've had many talks with friends about Linux, but the real talk was when
it went to the public. I'll need to ask, how many of your friends still
sticks to Windows and you're trying to change his mind for years? :) How
many hours do you spend on trying to convince him and he still sticks
there until you almost give up and still have the conversation each time
you see him? How about giving an hour or two to someone who's ready to
listen...

As for the software war that I'm talking about, I'm afraid that it is an
issue here and everywhere. I've seen it happening many times before and
is really important that we put in mind that we're going to make generic
stuff. It's not for KDE and it's not for Gnome. It may have a UI for
this or that, but it's going to work for all. I like the ArabEyes
projects and I would like for them to go in the correct direction.

When I used the "RE:ttf and arabic" heading, I did this because I got
reply to it suggesting Debian for a newbie asking for ttf support :) I
respect Debian and all the people who use it, but I don't think it's a
dist. for newbies; rather, it's for Linux professionals.

Getting back to ArabEyes. Now with the introduction of Arabic on KDE. I
think that it's time to get to have some Arabic applications for it. I
suggest PrayerTimes as a start. We could produce something like the
Arabic add-ons and get it to be a contrib to KDE. What do you guys
think?

Thanks
-Youssef