Re: ttf and arabic

On Tue, Dec 25, 2001 at 12:38:41PM -0500, haisam wrote:

> --*
> Create the font directory by executing the following commands while
> inside the _directory_
>
>     Which directory is this talking about?

Any directory ;) Normally the fonts directory will be in:
  /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/

Create a directory there, call it, 'ttf-fonts', 'webfonts', whatever you like.

>     And when is the importation of the fonts done?

You simply copy the *.ttf files over to the directory.. so, for example I
called it 'webfonts', so inside my /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/webfonts I have:

LICENSE       comic.ttf     fonts.scale   tahomabd.ttf  trebucbi.ttf
andalemo.ttf  comicbd.ttf   georgia.ttf   times.ttf     trebucit.ttf
arial.ttf     cour.ttf      georgiab.ttf  timesbd.ttf   verdana.ttf
arialbd.ttf   courbd.ttf    georgiai.ttf  timesbi.ttf   verdanab.ttf
arialbi.ttf   courbi.ttf    georgiaz.ttf  timesi.ttf    verdanai.ttf
ariali.ttf    couri.ttf     impact.ttf    trebuc.ttf    verdanaz.ttf
ariblk.ttf    fonts.dir     tahoma.ttf    trebucbd.ttf  webdings.ttf

Then you continue and 'ttmkfdir', and 'mkfontdir'.

Also note that the '-droppriv' option is only for your security. It will
assume that there is an 'xfs' user and 'xfs' group. You can simply ignore
that, or even specify who's going to run the xfs by :

$ xfs -user myxfsuser -daemon

You have to be root.

These are some things that most Linux distros should do for you, if you
install the X Font server.

later