Re: rambles ;)

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 01:56:48AM +0200, Youssef Adnan wrote:

> As for the software war that I'm talking about, I'm afraid that it is an

War? where? heh

> When I used the "RE:ttf and arabic" heading, I did this because I got
> reply to it suggesting Debian for a newbie asking for ttf support :) I
> respect Debian and all the people who use it, but I don't think it's a
> dist. for newbies; rather, it's for Linux professionals.

This is not a distribution issue. This is simply an XFree86 question. What
distribution you use is quite irrelevant. Certain distributions do a good job
at auto-configuring things for you, and others don't.

Knowing what actually happens when you install something (x font server, in
this case) would be beneficial to anyone. A newbie does not have to remain a
newbie ;) We are in the enlightenment business now <grin>

> Getting back to ArabEyes. Now with the introduction of Arabic on KDE. I
> think that it's time to get to have some Arabic applications for it. I
> suggest PrayerTimes as a start. We could produce something like the
> Arabic add-ons and get it to be a contrib to KDE. What do you guys
> think?

You may want to visit: (http://www.arabeyes.org/projects/project_list.txt) to
see what we see as important and what we intend to tackle next. It is slightly
outdated (will be updated soon) -- but will give you a good idea of what's
next.

I don't think that we would want to make such applications high on our
priority list. BUT! If you would like to work on such a project, then we would
be more than happy to set you up ;)

Regards,