Re: Translation project

Salams

Thank you all, and I'm sorry for being too late.

The style:
-----------

XHTML/CSS is the best.
I don't know what DocBook is. where can I download it from? And frankly... does it work in Windows? :-|

Here's an HTML/CSS tamplate, If you don't have Almateen & Almohannad fonts in you system you can download it from Arabeyes site itself.

The Terms:
-----------

As for LPI 101, I wish someone could host it in Arabeyes server. how can I send it?
ِAnyway, here's primary terms which used for 101 by syrian LUG.

As for (bash) I think that (الصدفة bash) as two words is the best, The old shell icon in KDE was (shell صدفة)
But if you preffer to explain it, it could be (مفسر الأوامر)

By the way, how can I download ae-qamoose DB? I don't like to ask for each term online!

The Book:
----------

We have 11-2=9 chapters

1.  The Linux Kernel
2.  Booting Linux
3.  Managing Groups and Users
4.  Network Configuration
5.  TCP/IP Networks
6.  Network Services
7.  Bash Scripting
8.  Basic Security	(Already translated)
9.  Linux System Administratio
10. Setting up PPP	(Already translated)
11. Printing

We can keep (Introdaction) and (LPI 102 objectives) chapters for the last steps.

And 4 contributers:

1. ahnaqsh
2. Youssef CHAHIBI		(what dd you mean 103 ?!)
3. Amr Bashaa
4. Anas R.

Any one else?
I'd rather start with 9 or 10 contributers, 1 per chapter.

Best regards,

- Anas R.

>Salam
>
>On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 00:12 +0000, Youssef CHAHIBI wrote:
>> > here, by the way, so please go easy on me.
> <السلام عليكم
>> I use www.arabization.org.ma/Dictionnaire.asp and the (printed) unified
>> dictionary of computer science terms. If it (rarely) lacks terms, I use
>> qamoose.arabeyes.org and www.answers.com/<term> .
>
>These seem to be good sources, thanks for pointing them out.
>
>> By the way, "shell" in Arabic is  برنامج وسيطي
>
>I'm not exactly sure, I mean, the term برنامج وسيطي is very general, we
>can say that itmean roughly the same as "intermediate program", and
>although the shell AFAIK is indeed an intermediate program, there are
>many other programs that can be rightly called intermediate programs.. I
>read it once as الصدفة and also as القشرة , but these terms are rather
>vague and somewhat odd. Say, why not go with القشرة الوسيطة  or الفلاف
>الوسيط ..Now these terms are odder than the previous ones..but we're
>having sugestions..:-)
>
>> I write the name of a program in Arabic and with the english term. If the term
>> is used too much time, I stick only with the Arabic term. For example:
> <البرنامج الوسيطي "باش" Bash:
>
>I totally agree with you, it's a nice idea.
Exactly!!