Re: Arabeyes Translation Teams.

I'm not sure about the current state of pootle. but consider the following scenario:
Person X decided to take the po file and translated outside pootle (It's possible) I
can assume that we will have contributors without a permanent connection. How are we going
to handle this situation ?

Locking? A suggestion based mechanism? (Not sure pootle have developed that yet).

I'm sure there are a lot of other issues surrounding pootle and web
translation in general. That's where a test-drive will come handy. The
issues will be discovered by trial. We might end up fixing a lot of
them ourselves or altering our translation process to avoid the rough
edges.

I was a bit busy the last few weeks (And probably the next few months). Sorry for not
noticing the discussion.

Why not have a web interface so people can suggest terms ?
I can cook a simple thing with drupal in 5 minutes!!

That was also suggested in the thread. Chahibi noted that pootle et al are not mature enough to handle dicsussions/suggestions effectively. Personally, I believe we need a Wiki, a MediaWiki instance will serve right as temporary workaround.

I'll colunteer to maintain it if needed, and migrate the old wiki's contents.

Pootle needs dicussions, and a voting system with a clear interface
for admins/maintainers. If they are developed, we're set.

Djihed