Re: Arabeyes Translation Teams.

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 02:26:32PM +0100, Djihed Afifi wrote:
> >I'm not sure about the current state of pootle. but consider the following
> >scenario:
> >Person X decided to take the po file and translated outside pootle (It's
> >possible) I
> >can assume that we will have contributors without a permanent connection.
> >How are we going
> >to handle this situation ?
>
> Locking? A suggestion based mechanism? (Not sure pootle have developed
> that yet).
>
> I'm sure there are a lot of other issues surrounding pootle and web
> translation in general. That's where a test-drive will come handy. The
> issues will be discovered by trial. We might end up fixing a lot of
> them ourselves or altering our translation process to avoid the rough
> edges.

I tried installing pootle on my 128M equipped VPS. I imported gnome and the server wasn't
able to cope with that. I was planning to provide a test drive but I can't know.

Should we set up a test drive on Arabeyes ?

Can the Arabeyes server handle this ?

> >I was a bit busy the last few weeks (And probably the next few months).
> >Sorry for not
> >noticing the discussion.
> >
> >Why not have a web interface so people can suggest terms ?
> >I can cook a simple thing with drupal in 5 minutes!!
>
> That was also suggested in the thread. Chahibi noted that pootle et al
> are not mature enough to handle dicsussions/suggestions effectively.
> Personally, I believe we need a Wiki, a MediaWiki instance will serve
> right as temporary workaround.
>
> I'll colunteer to maintain it if needed, and migrate the old wiki's
> contents.
>
> Pootle needs dicussions, and a voting system with a clear interface
> for admins/maintainers. If they are developed, we're set.

In that case, I'd go for drupal and write a module and that's it.
Let's not talk about this now. One can't solve all the problems at once!

--
GNU/Linux registered user #224950
Proud Egyptian GNU/Linux User Group <www.eglug.org> Member.