Re: Arabeyes Translation Teams.

Nothing is wrong with any encoding as long as we _all_ use that same encoding and use it everywhere. But IMHO we cannot have some files in UTF-8 and some in CP1256. You just have to choose one and stick with it. For obvious reasons, we choose UTF-8.

In emails, I would think there is no problem with any encoding as long as we will underatand it. May be the archive will choke on non utf-8 emails, that's a downside, and is no reason to scare people away. This is no place for Anti-MS or FSF evangelism. That kind of attitude might scares many people away. The least thing new comers would like to receive is a lecture on every wrong thing they do. It makes people really uncomfortable, and sometimes even scared of contributing. We need to raise the toleration level, remember, not many people have access to the same pool of knowledge/resources/internet access as you guys have. It's us, if we know how to deal, who will educate them, step by step :-)

Djihed