Re: New translation project approved (Action Apps)

> Salam,
>
> Raida, Core has spoken, and the vote to approve this
> new Action Apps
> translation project was 3-0 in favour. Congrats!

Excellent, shukran.

> I hope your looking into the PHP->po issue.

I am.  Not sure I'll manage it w/o your support
though. I sent a group email to techie colleagues
asking what to do re this issue.  Only one responded
advising me to use this tool to convert the files:

point at php's gettext support
http://dk.php.net/manual/en/ref.gettext.php
which could be used in this task.

What you
> need to do before
> we can create this project is register with
> Arabeyes. Please do so
> ASAP[1] so we can create a project page and get the
> ball rolling.

Done

Once
> you have registered, you can ask for your CVS
> account and then you can
> upload the project files to CVS. The next step would
> be to, well,
> translate the files. I hope you have read the
> translation HOWTO[2].
> Any questions you have about translation specifics
> should go on this
> list of course.

Have printed out and will read today.

> Thank you for taking an interest in further
> expanding the Arabization
> domain. I should note that starting another
> translation project was
> not the only reason we voted in favour of this
> project, but also that
> we would be gaining a new translator. When someone
> comes to Arabeyes
> with the proposal to start a new translation
> project, we are almost
> counting on that person's contribution to not stop
> at that project,
> and we hope yours wont either. Please do see what
> you can do to branch
> off into other projects as well.

If all goes well re the AA project, I'll happy
continue volunteering for other projects.

> Happy Arabizing!

Shukran. This is very exciting.

http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/guide/translator-guide-en/