Re: WinSCP translation again

Salam,
The site admin told me that WinSCP does not support Unicode GUI well, but I will ask him again to know more about what is needed for UTF-8 support..

Enshalla I will inform u when the translation of WinSCP is complete..
Suhaila…

Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <aalarfaj at gmail dot com> wrote:
On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:59:05 +0000 (GMT), S.K. wrote:

[...]
> WinSCP3 is mentioned in Arabeyes Todo list.... It is said that Arabic
> support(UTF-8) needs to be added...but I am only working on the translation
> of the application (using Windows Code Page 1256)...it doesn't support UTF-8
> yet...maybe in the future..

My mistake. I never noticed it there. Granted that todo list has many
items that are very old and probably shouldnt be there.

Do you have any information on what is needed for UTF-8 support, or
what is keeping it from being supported at this stage? I hate it when
we are forced to use CP-1256 like this.

Regarding the Arabeyes todo, I _THINK_ that its talking about the
support of UTF-8 in filenames. As far as I can tell WinSCP already
supports that[1]. Not sure why the application itself is not
supported.

> Thanks for your help again...and if I find difficulties in translating some
> strings, enshalla you will help me :>

Of course we'll help. Thats why we're here :-)

Please do inform us when the files are completely translated.

Abdulaziz,

[1] WinSCP's UTF-8 support:
http://winscp.sourceforge.net/eng/docs/history (scroll down to 3.7.1)