Re: gnome is calling you!

Salam and welcome!!!

I am really very happy that two people want to get involved! Work is
VERY easy. I'll give you at first some easy files with only a few
strings. So you don't have to worry it's like learning to get a first
step into it!

ok let's start!

Have you installed Kbabel? Or gtranslator?
Those are called "po" editors. With those apps you can edit the files
I will give you.

I encourage you to have both. Kbabel is great because of it's
Autotranslation feature, and gtranslator is great because of its very
simple and clear interface.

So it would be great if you first, fetch the whole gnome pos from our
cvs tree and set a translation database. Then let simply every file I
give you go through automatic translation and you've saved 60% of the
work ;D simple heh?

If you don't know how to use cvs check this link:

http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/howto/cvs-howto-en/

Using kabebel to make the database is very easy. After installing
kbabel, go to "settings" -> "configure dictionary" -> "translation
database" and go to the tab "database", click on "Scan folder &
Subfolders" and choose the directory all the gnome pos are in. then it
will automatically build your database.

You translate the files by loading the file and clicking in "tools" on
"rough translation". Then when you're done save and continue manually
or open the pos in gtranslator and continue.

Important points to keep in mind:

1- When doing translation use the words which are ALREADY in the pos,
don't invent your own grammatical structures or words. So go through
some pos to get a feeling of how we translated them. This will
hopefully become obsolete once we have our QAC set-up.
I reiterate, please first go though the pos, get a feeling for the
used grammar and words, makes some notes if you want, and THEN start
translation. This is VERY important.
Why is this important? First to make the whole translation consistent,
and second to maintain the quality of the translation.

2- check out this page:

http://wiki.arabeyes.org/QacDecisions

There you'll find very helpful conventions we did to ensure that the
translation has a high quality and is consistent.

3- check out this page:

http://wiki.arabeyes.org/GnoMental

To get itno the mood of the winners ;)

Ok so I'll assign the files now!!!

Kamal gets: eel & eog

ahnaqsh gets

evolution-webcal & file-roller

Please "ahnaqsh" we have the policity to not accept nicknames, please
send emails with your real name! We are a serious group. I hope for
your understanding!

last but not least, if you want we can organize some irc meetings! Let
me know when you have time, we can meet and discuss everything!

yours
Arafat