Re: Wordlist status ?

--- Ossama Khayat <okhayat at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> --- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> > With all the recent action on Fedora and Gnome (and a bit on KDE),
> > what is the status of Wordlist ?  We had noted that we'd release
> > a wordlist once a letter completes all its multi-translations.
> > Can someone in the know (ie. Ahmad/Ossama) tell us where we are at ?
>
> Last time I was working on full_wordlist_Y.po adding multiple meanings.
> I stopped work on that since I went crazy on finishing Fedora.
> To be honest, we can't just keep at it at a fast pace (IMHO) just me and
> AlRasheedan!  We really need some help here.

This brings me back to a suggestion I made - I think I called it
"a Gang of people".  The idea was/is to gang-up on a single project at
a time to get it past a particular milestone.  Seems like Fedora has
semi-proven that that might be a decent idea (maybe :-).  The thought
was to get all "floating" translators to concentrate on one project at
a time before all moving on en-mass to something else.  Alas, just thought
I'd mention it in case it makes more logical sense now.

--- Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <alarfaj0 at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> Are there any thoughts about integrating the common
> terms po (once we finish it) with the wordlist? I
> think users out there might be able to use a
> "technical Arabic" dictionary.

A couple things to keep in mind.  Common_terms.po is a collection
of all the repeated terms in the various project .PO files.  They
are usually very computer-centric and "technical".  Wordlist, on
the other hand, is very general and generic.  Wordlist might contain
terms related to medicine or construction or astronomy which I highly
doubt would be the correct context in the various project .po files
and vice-versa.